WIT Search

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Have you seen the new issue of Red?





March issues are a big deal in the magazine world and us fashion editors think long and hard when planning what trends we are going to cover in the magazine. After the shows I gather my thoughts and ask myself this question: "What's in fashion?". The Red Shops section in this month does just that, it tells you all about those trends you want to wear, it shows you how to do it in the real world and gives you a lowdown of all the best jewellery, bags, shoes and much more that you need to know about. Here's a little peek and my favourite pages and some behind the scenes pics from my shoot back in October.  I hope you enjoy it and please do let me know what you think- I know I LOVED doing it!

 Pailsey is a huge trend next season- I loved these J.Crew cropped trousers and paired them with a stripy T-shirt and a smart blazer to give the whole look a "grown-up" feel. 

Here was the rack of clothes on my shoot- we had so many beautiful accessories but all the looks I was going to shoot were already all planned out and approved by my editor



 Yellow is another huge trend next season but I wondered if the magazine readers would get a bit scared of it (I know I would), so I thought of 4 simple non-scary ways to incorporate it in your wardrobe. Here's a few yellow things that are on my radar....



Our lovely model flew in all the way from New York this shoot and still managed to look stunning after the long flight. Here she is getting ready in hair and make up



And getting ready for the "floral" shot


Ta da!
I took inspiration from Marni's bold florals for my high street interpretation- I love this Whistles dress worn with a tangerine overcoat and Pierre Hardy wedges. I've clocked these two styles on netaporter and think they make a great investment buy.








There are also lost of single pages with juicy buys like colorful shirts, neon accessories and different style bags all hand picked from houndreds that came into the office to narrow down to the best ones


I love this jewellery page that Lucy compiled - I'm going to go for cheap thrills like these amazing Accessorize friendship bracelets £8

Another great page is a QA with the most influential buyers in the industry- see what Holly Rogers from Net-a-porter is buying next season...


10 comments:

audrey and addison said...

ohmygoodness! so many gorgeous items - I don't even know where to look! Loving the big bag edit, the 4 ways with yellow, and your top 10 - especially that stripe tee.

Michelle xx

Anonymous said...

Laura, exactly what the doctor ordered on this dull and dreary morning - inspiration! thank you ;o)

Andrea said...

Bought it, read it, loved it! Always do, always have done xxx

Anonymous said...

Love it all (but you're missing an apostrophe in 'A stylist's top ten"!)

Anonymous said...

the new Red issue is already on my bedside table!!! love it-anto

Hayley said...

Please tell me when J Crew neon /stripe tee is in stock, just checked online and couldnt find it :0( Need it in my life !!!

Unknown said...

I love the first pic...
Cropped trousers paired with a stripy T-shirt and dark blue blazer. I'd like to wear everything!

Anonymous said...

Love what you have done! As I live in Australia & we seem to be a season behind, it is great to see what we have coming - Great things & inspirations to look foward to. Love, Love, Love!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the March editions of fashion/lifestyle magazines - over Christmas they always seem so much lighter but by Feb/March time there are so many titles I want to read, becuase they are always jam-packed with features and fashion stories. I love the bright colours you've used on your pages, plus the florals page - I now it's a go-to S/S trend but I love wearing florals : )

Veebers said...

Yes! I bought a PS1-esque satchel in bright yellow last year, I am so pleased I will be wearing it again. I embrace colour loads over the s/s. Can't wait! :-)
Veebs x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...