WIT Search

Wednesday 9 October 2013

9 to 5

Gap jumper, Whistles skirt, Chanel bag, Boden shoes.
Every morning I make my way into work with my husband, we stop in front of the same wall on the way to the tube where he takes a quick photo of my outfit. From there, it's a quick upload onto the blog so that you have your daily inspiration early on in the morning. Today I'm wearing my Whistles faux leather skirt with a cable knit jumper and my Boden pointy slingbacks.


This is my desk at Red, as you can see I've customised my computer screen with quite a few photos of Greta, they make me smile during the day!


I don't spend that much time at my desk, I'm often out on show room appointments or press days, but if I'm in the office I'm usually to be found in the Shopping cupboard where I'm relentlessly editing product I've called in for my pages.


I love clothes and accessories and I've always known I wanted to work in fashion. Editing is great fun, I give a lot of thought to the product that goes on my pages (and on WIT) and always ask myself a million questions before featuring something (is it wearable, is it too expensive, does it look cheap etc). Here I'm selecting my favourite samples for a leopard print page. I love the shape of the Office Shoes pony skin pumps to the right, and the grey Kurt Geiger snakeskin intruders in the middle.


I usually have flats in my bag which I wear on the commute and switch to heels in the office, today I've fallen in love with these monochrome animal print courts from Stuart Weitzman and I'm giving them a test ride in the office (they are actually pretty comfortable).


I always try and get out of the office for lunch, it's my time for a quick bite and a walk around. Today I had a chicken burger from one of my favourite spots, Leon and a walk around one of my favorite London department stores, Liberty London. I love browsing in the children's department, they have the most beautiful selection of kids clothes and accessories... last week I gave in on a little something for Greta that I had my eye on for ages... a Stella McCartney bunny jumper.


Then it's back in the office for the rest of the day till it's time to go home to my baby. I walk in the door, change into my favourite Marks and Spencer cashmere joggers and it's a whirlwind of play time, bath time, story time and bed time. Crash!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely life ... Lovely post! X

Ms. Bunbury said...

wow! Yours is such a wonderful life!!! I love it particularly because you live in London, which I badly love, and would like to stay, and because of your job, such a wonderful one. I would have really liked to work in fashion, but unfortunately I'm now at my desk, in an accountancy and lawyer's firm. Not quite the same!! ;) But I keep dreaming and follow my passions with my blog... a big kiss!!! martax

Anna (South Molton St Style) said...

You've got the husband well trained to take piccies of you every morning. Whenever I try and get the bf to do it, I get a loud groan! xx

South Molton St Style

Unknown said...

can we see better the shoes you are weiring pls?theu seem beautiful, txs

momben said...

...anche la mia giornata è simile alla tua. Adoro WIT, ci regali moltissimi spunti! E sono curiosissima di vedere la boutique...
Sulle Dolomiti bellunesi già portiamo le calze, puoi offrirci qualche idea?! è sempre così difficile l'abbinamento con lecalze.
ciao
momben

Unknown said...

I love the black and leopard brogues, and the leopard loafers with the black bow in the pic... But I imagine they are to pricey for me :(((

Sheridan and Rose said...

Hi Laura, love this insight into your day, great post x

Unknown said...

Love this day-in-your-life,you took me there with you, thank you!

Helen.by.instyle said...

Oh how I love that Bunny Jumper, how you controlled the urge, the first time you saw it, I don't know. It is just so necessary to purchase for your' darling Daughter when she is at this incredibly cute age. I love the blog today, again, and I think Liberty's is just one of the best places to visit, when in London. I really miss my buying trips ( we used to own a shop ) XX

Anonymous said...

Sweet post Laura... I always assumed the wall was outside your house! Maybe you'll be spotted now doing your daily wall pose! i am currently planning a few buys to update my wardrobe and getting great ideas from your blog. The skirt and jumper look great x

Treasuresnpleasures said...

Lovely to see an insight into your day, mine is a lot more boring!! X

Carol Adams said...

Fun blog, question about m&s cashmere joggers: what size did you buy, the sizing guide was no help. Comments said they run long? I live in the US and shop at J Crew if u want to use that as a reference. Thanks a heap.

Virtuallystyledbyannmarie said...

I have often wondered where that wall was, side off your house......or ....Now I know, loving your return..... Lovely post. Blog fantastic as ever. Xx

Unknown said...

P.s I'm dying to send you a ground-breaking anti-aging skincare regimen, that's chemical free
anita@innarah.com

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say (as a new reader) how much I am enjoying your blog and I am not sure why I haven't discovered it sooner!

Even though I seem to have hours each morning to get ready it is always a dilema what to wear, your blog is certainly doing 'what it says on the tin' and providing me daily inspiration. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...