WIT Search

Sunday 16 February 2014

London Fashion Weekend update



Sunday

It has been a glorious day! The sun shined all day and I could finally wear one of my pre-planned outfits complete with bare leg (yes I promise I was not cold!). I got this Top Shop Unique resortskirt and matching top thinking of Milan but as it often happens, I got inspired in the morning and decided to wear it then and then. I started out with Margaret Howell which I always love and then had a busy day which included the Top Shop Unique, Paul Smith shows as well as the Sophia Webster, Nicole Farhi and Pringle presentations. 

On my way to Sophia Webster in my Webster's
I loved my top and skirt today, I wore with with Sophia Webster shoes, red sunglasses, my black Jil Sander clutch and a bomber jacket slung over my shoulder. Here's what's in store now and since my shoes are last season I just found a pair that I love and have the same clashing effect.



Saturday


Day two of shows at London Fashion Week and I was rocking my statement orange winter coat for the second day in a row. Here's my account of the day as seen on the Red Online blog I wrote:
"I got up today and looked blankly at my wardrobe while trying to ignore the wind howling through the trees outside and I made a shameful fashion decision... I decided to repeat outfit and wear what I was wearing the day before. I know, shocking, but please don't judge me - I had my daughter hanging onto my leg with her finger stuck in one of my favourite lipsticks and a husband stranded 200 miles away on a flight and NO time to think of a new outfit. 

So an all black leather trouser ensemble with my orange wool winter coat and sleek black Jil Sander clutch will have to do, swapping only yesterday's Sophia Websters for a pair of Chanel navy pumps. Nanny arrives and I'm literally out of the house in 5 minutes. 

First show Emilia Wickstead where I was seated directly behind the designer's husband and her gorgeous, albeit screaming, daughter. I'm tempted to put Peppa Pig on my iPhone but I just resisted.  The show was packed with all the current It Girls you can imagine including Poppy Delevingne and Caroline Sieber to name a few. 

After the show we jump in our Birchbox taxi and went off to the John Rocha, Sibling and 1205 shows back to back. Luckily I bumped into my friend (and soon to be Red columnist shhh!) Martha Ward and while discussuing current purchases and our love of monogramming, the afternoon sped by.
Before I knew it, it was dusk and I was sipping a hot chocolate at the newly opened Magazine Cafe by the Serpentine surrounded by fellow editors giving their heels a rest while waiting for the next two shows from Joseph and then Hunter Boots. 

Now that was what I call a show...! Picture this at Hunter Boots: A pitch black dark enchanted forest in place of a normal show space with a tree lined catwalk surrounded by water. Front row sat Anna Wintour, Stella McCartney and Arizona Muse taking selfies. All models stepped out in their super cool outfits and splashed/strutted down the catwalk in their heeled rubber wellies. The finale had Dynamo, the magician, playing card tricks before making the models disappear. At the end, playing cards came down from the ceiling in full force and the whole performance was completely amazing!
Back in the car for Belstaff (hoping for a David Beckham appearance, but sadly a no show) and then the last show of the day. A dazzling spectacle from Julien Macdonlad at the majestic setting of the Royal Courts of Justice. 9pm and it's a wrap, back home for a kiss goodnight to my sleeping child and a bowl of pasta to refuel for the day ahead..."

My Chanel heels - a treasured possession

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Love your LFW outfits Laura and love the fact that you recycled an outfit! If Kate Middleton can do it... ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...