WIT Search

Sunday 2 March 2014

Paris Fashion Week round up

Photo courtesy of www.buro247.hr
I only spent two days in Paris, but yet somehow it felt like a week. It's funny how the shows suck you up into a magical parallel universe where time becomes almost irrelevant and your role of wife/partner/mother/friend cease to exist. 

My Top Shop dress on day one

Show season in Paris is like a world of its own: the venues vary from the tent in dreamy Jardin des Tulleries, to the most luxurious hotels in the world and although the dress sense is deceptively laid-back, everyone is actually wearing their best pieces. There's a sea of Celine bags and perfectly tailored navy winter coats, and everyone who is anyone is out, from Rihanna at Lanvin to Gisele who walked for Balenciaga. I too pulled out one of my most precious items: a Jil Sander fluro pink maxi skirt which I wore with Gucci ribbon lace-up courts, Other Stories black jumper and Jil Sander black clutch bag. There is no over-dressing in Paris!

Street style photo courtesy of www.whowhatwear.com
The Dior show - hosted in a tent in the gardens of the Musée Rodin - was a spectacular triumph of block-colour dresses that I literally cannot wait to wear; starting with the pink asymmetric billowy gown (I felt right on trend at the show in my pink skirt!)


Between one show and another presentation I managed a quick stop at Monoprix for some Boutch'Ou gems for my daughter Greta Zita, if you are ever in Paris it’s a must.  Then I enjoyed a late lunch at team Red’s favourite Angelina with my colleague Emily Gegg.

Choosing macaroons at Angelina
Before I knew it it was time to head home on the Eurostar and even though I couldn't wait to see my family and wear jeans and flats, I will miss my parallel universe life as a fashion editor in Paris.. till next season!

Silver platted room service... not part of my daily life!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

please show us MORE of Paris !!!!

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

Did you see your photograph in this skirt on Refinery29 - French Girl Outfits!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...