WIT Search

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Come shopping with me in Djerba!


It's my last day in Tunisia before heading back to the UK and the winter ahead, so for this last #witholiday post from the summer I thought would leave you with a little photo diary of a recent shopping trip to the market in Djerba. Here in Tunisia pottery is beautiful and super colorful, then there are lots of antique shops that sell all sorts of knicknacks and obviously my favourite hand made basket bags in all shapes and sizes - I bought a stack to use as party bags at Greta's upcoming birthday party, I keep all of Greta's bows in one. Here is what I bought for myself (basket bags) and my friends (more basket bags!), plus some little antique finds things for my new home and lots of "Futa" the local textiles that I use as sarongs, beach towels, bed spreads and even picnic baskets.

See you back in London!










 
 




4 comments:

Wardrobe Ambition said...

I need all these baskets and cotton blanket things, gorgeous stuff!!

catherine sprunt said...

This place looks insanely beautiful! I've never heard of Djerba, but I'll definitely be looking it up for my next holiday (for the shopping alone!) x

Unknown said...

I would have gone crazy buying all sorts of things...thank you for sharing! xxx

Unknown said...

Cool article, I can't wait for Djerba. I am heading there in October. This will be lovely, I'm longing to see what other things you brought from Tunisia!!!!

http://todayitwas.wordpress.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...