WIT Search

Tuesday 26 May 2015

WIT andJ J.Crew in Paris part three: Pont des Arts


When the J.Crew team in New York asked me to head to Paris to check out the new (and first) French store in the Marais, it was really a no brainer. My task: head to Jenna's favourite Parisian spots and photograph one outfit I loved in each location.  From the Tour Eiffel, to St. Germain and the iconic Jardin Tuleries you can follow me through the streets of Paris every last Tuesday of the month  as I play dress up in my favourite J.Crew items.  


This month I'm wearing another favourite combinations of all time: a classic stripe T-shirt with a tailored blazer. This is an outfit combination I fall back on time and time again, especially when traveling because it's simple, stylish and so comfortable. When my Personal Shopping clients ask me what it a simple and obtainable 'travel look', this is a look I always stir them towards. The Saint James® for J.Crew slouchy tee is an absolute classic, Saint James has been spinning some of the world's finest knits out of their Normandy, France-based factory since 1889, but they're most famous for their sailor stripes (favored by style icons from Andy Warhol and Picasso to the iconic Coco Chanel).

 

In my opinion a quality blazer  is amongst the top 5 ultimate must-buys every woman should own,  when I interviewed Jenna Lyons for The ICONS Update she told me "this is where your money should go towards". Despite this, the Ludlow jacket is quite affordable compared to designer ones, yet hangs on your body like a dream. You must try it to believe it, I remember being a little skeptical before trying it on, but when I did I realised why Jenna has it fitted to a woman's body but constructed in men's factories in Italy, where tailoring and contruction are perfected down to every detail. This jacket hugs you around all the right places with a snug and skinny fit.


Because you know I love my sparkle, I added a pair or brightly coloured tassle earrings and sequin clad flat pointy shoes (annoyingly sold out last week but hopefully you've seen me wearing them before this post and bought them in time), and topped it all up with bright red lipstick and nails (I love a touch of red with stripes!). I also chose a classic tan leather bucket bag  that fit all of my essentials and gives the whole outfit a preppy feel. The Pont des Arts is one of my favourite spots in Paris, I have wonderful memories here of a super romantic week end with my husband and it's so quintessentially Parisian


J.Crew has been working with Point Sur Denim for many seasons now - they're made in LA, the capital of denim, in perfect washes with a worn-in feel that usually takes years to earn.I loved this skinny, ankle skimming style eprfect to be worn with flats and great for the summer with all my flat shoes. Point Sur epic skinny Japanese selvedge jean in Dailey wash










If you missed my previous Paris post check it out on March the 30th and April the 28th by clicking on the links.

See you on Tuesday the 30th of June of part four!
x

Find the J.Crew Marais store at:

12 Rue Malher, Paris - +33 1 44 54 57 50
Shop the collection online on 
Photos Eva K. Salvi  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this simple, chic look and am hoping I can re-create it with slightly cheaper alternatives from the high street. Maybe you can do a feature in Wardrobe Icons on how to do this?!

dominique said...

I love this post! I will never have enough striped shirts! Could I please find out the brand and color of your nail polish? Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...